SIGNING UP FOR VOWTEL’S SERVICES CREATES A CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND US, CONSISTING OF THE ORDER, THE APPLICABLE SERVICE DESCRIPTION AND THIS AGREEMENT. ANY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE AND AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: (1) ACCEPTING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ELECTRONICALLY DURING THE ORDERING PROCESS AND/OR UPON LOGGING ON TO USE YOUR SERVICE, (2) YOUR SUBMISSION OF AN ORDER, (3) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE DESCRIBED HEREIN. THROUGH THESE ACTIONS YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE IN THIS AGREEMENT.
- INTRODUCTION. These VOWtel Terms and Conditions, together with any operating rules, policies, price schedules, or other supplemental documents expressly incorporated herein by reference and published from time to time (collectively, the “Agreement”), constitutes the entire agreement between VOWtel, LLC a Florida corporation (hereinafter referred to as “we,” “us” or “VOWTEL, LLC”) and the party set forth in the related registration order form (herein after referred to as “you,” “user” or “Customer”) regarding VOWTEL, LLC’s Service (as defined herein), and supersedes all prior agreements, discussions and writings between the parties regarding the subject matter of this Agreement. For purposes of this Agreement, the term “VOWTEL, LLC” include our respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, attorneys, and any other service provider that furnishes services or devices to you in connection with this agreement.
- “Device” means a VOWTEL, LLC-provided telephone, telephone adapter (“Adapter”), router, or other device used with the Services.
- “Documentation” means user manuals and other documentation relating to the Services, which are available to Customer by VOWtel, LLC accessible via the Internet or in the form of printed media.
- “Services” means the products and services that are being provided to you as described in any quote or order form, including, but not limited to, VOWtel, LLC’s Unified Communication services, collaboration services, and any associated software, hardware or web-based platform. “Service” shall also include any additional Services provided to you as described in any addendum or amendment.
- “Software” means any proprietary software owned by, licensed by, or which VOWtel, LLC has a right to sublicense under this Agreement, which software is either provided to Customer under this Agreement or is used in or used to provide the Services.
- REVISIONS TO TERMS AND PRICING. From time to time, we may revise the terms and conditions of this Agreement (including, without limitation, any of the policies incorporated by reference) and the pricing (except during the term of a Minimum Commitment Contract) for the Service. Notice of revisions to the Agreement or pricing shall be posted on the VOWTEL, LLC Website (“the Website”) and deemed given and effective on the date posted to the Website. If you do not agree to the revision(s), you must terminate your Service immediately, subject to the Termination provisions provided in this Agreement. By continuing to use the Service after revision(s) are in effect, you hereby accept and agree to all such revisions.
- CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIONS. You represent and warrant that your primary business address is in the United States. You represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age or, as applicable, the age of majority in the country, state or province in which you reside, and that you possess the legal right and ability to enter into this Agreement. You represent and warrant that your name, user name, contact information and registered location are true and correct and if for business use, you are authorized to act on behalf of your company. You understand that VOWTEL, LLC relies on the information you supply and that providing false or incorrect information may result in Service provisioning and delivery delays, the suspension or termination of your Service and the inability of a 911 dialed call to be correctly routed to emergency service personnel, as further explained below. You agree to promptly notify VOWTEL, LLC whenever point of contact or billing information changes (including, but not limited to, your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and payment method, including credit card number and expiration date, if applicable). You agree to be financially responsible for your use of the Service as well as for use of your account by others.
- USE OF SERVICE AND DEVICE.
- Business Plans. Service is provided to you as a business user, for your business and home office use. This means that you are not using it for any personal, residential, nonbusiness and nonprofessional purpose. This also means that you are not to resell or transfer the Service to any other person for any purpose or make any charge for the use of the Service, without express written permission from VOWTEL, LLC in advance.
- Restrictions. You shall not: (a) copy or adapt the Software or the Services for any purpose, except as specifically permitted under this Agreement; (b) use the Software or Services except in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, and except as set forth in the Documentation; (c) reverse engineer, translate, decompile, or disassemble the Software or Services; (d) use the Software or Services in any outsourcing, application service provider, time-sharing or service bureau arrangement, including, without limitation, any use to provide services or process data for the benefit of, or on behalf of, any third party other than the Customer; or (e) cause or permit the disabling or circumvention of any security mechanism contained in or associated with the Software or Services.
- User Responsibility. You agree that you are responsible for all use(s) related to your account. You understand this means that you accept full liability and responsibility for your actions or the actions of anyone who uses the Service via your account with or without your permission. You acknowledge that VOWTEL, LLC will be sending you information, including your Password, via e-mail over the Internet. You agree that the Internet is not a secure network and that third parties may be able to intercept, access, use or corrupt the information and telephone calls you transmit over the Internet. In order to maintain the security of your Service, you should safeguard your User IDs and Passwords, as well as the media access control (MAC) address of the Adapter. The MAC address is one of the pieces of information used by VOWTEL, LLC to authenticate customer calls and should not be shared.
- Account Ownership. The owner of the account under which the Services are ordered shall be the legal entity (e.g., corporation, partnership, individual) that signs up for the Services with VOWTEL, LLC. If no legal entity is provided upon sign-up, the account owner shall be the owner of the credit card or bank account used to open such account, if applicable. Subsequent changes to ownership must be supported by appropriate legal documentation. VOWTEL, LLC shall not adjudicate ownership-related disputes, or any other internal business dispute. If VOWTEL, LLC is unable to determine the valid owner of the account, VOWTEL, LLC reserves the right to suspend or terminate the account and Services.
- LOCAL NUMBER PORTABILITY. In the event you are transferring an existing phone number that currently is subscribed to another carrier, the following terms and conditions apply:
- Authorization. You hereby authorize VOWTEL, LLC to process your order for the Service and to notify your local service provider of your decision to switch your local services to VOWTEL, LLC and to transfer your telephone number, and represent that you are authorized to take these actions. You may be required to complete a letter of authorization, provide us with a copy of your most recent bill from your service provider, as well as provide us with any other information required by your service provider to port your number. Failure to provide any information requested by VOWTEL, LLC or the third party services provider will delay the porting of the number to VOWTEL, LLC. You acknowledge that the porting of your numbers is dependent upon the cooperation of you and third parties not under the control of VOWTEL, LLC. VOWTEL, LLC shall not be responsible for any delay in the port of your number and will not provide credit for any such delays.
- Activation. You agree and acknowledge that you must install and activate your Device prior to the date that the number switch becomes effective. You will be assigned a temporary telephone number until your transfer is completed. You may place and receive calls using this temporary number until such time as your phone number is transferred.
- Limitation. VOWTEL, LLC has the right to refuse to import a number if, in its sole discretion, it does not have the infrastructure to support the number.
- Unauthorized Port Outs. You acknowledge and agree that telephone or facsimile numbers may be ported out from your Services or your account due to acts or omissions of third parties, and it may be difficult or impossible for VOWTEL, LLC to: (i) prevent such port-outs: (ii) retrieve numbers ported-out of your account; or (iii) port such numbers back into your account. VOWTEL, LLC has no responsibility or liability due to such port-outs.
- SERVICE DISTINCTIONS. You acknowledge and understand that the Service is not a telephone service, and we provide it on a best efforts basis. Important distinctions exist between telephone service and the enhanced Voice Over Web Service offering provided by VOWTEL, LLC. The Service is subject to different regulatory treatment than telephone service. This treatment may limit or otherwise affect your rights of redress before Federal and State telecommunications regulatory agencies or judicial forums. Events beyond our control may affect our service, such as power outages, fluctuations in the internet, your underlying ISP or broadband service, or maintenance. We will act in good faith to minimize disruptions to your use of and access to our service.
- EMERGENCY SERVICES - 911 DIALING. You acknowledge and understand that VOWTEL, LLC 911 dialing is different than traditional 911 service. The 911 policy is included in the back of this agreement. YOUR SERVICE WILL NOT BE ACTIVATED UNTIL VOWTEL, LLC RECEIVES AN AFFIRMATIVE ACKNOWLEDGMENT THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD VOWTEL, LLC’S 911 DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT.
- No 0+ or Operator Assisted Calling; May Not Support X11 Calling. You acknowledge and understand that the Service does not support 0+ or operator assisted calling, including, without limitation, collect calls, third party billing calls, 900, calling card calls or dial-around calls. Our Service may not support 311, 511, and other x11 services in one or more service areas.
- No Directory Listing. The phone numbers you get from us will not be listed in any telephone directories. However, any phone numbers you transfer from your local phone company may be listed.
- Incompatibility with Other Services.
- Non-Voice Equipment Limitations. You acknowledge and understand that the Service is not compatible with all non-voice communications equipment, including but not limited to, some home and office security systems that are set up to make automatic phone calls, emergency phones in elevators, some aspects of satellite TV systems, digital entertainment systems, fax machines, modems and medical monitoring devices. By accepting this Agreement, you waive any claim you may have against VOWTEL, LLC for interference with or disruption of such systems due to the Service.
- Certain Broadband, Cable Modem, and Other Services. There may also be other services with which our Service may be incompatible. Some providers of broadband service may provide modems that prevent the transmission of communications using the Service. We do not warrant that the Service will be compatible with all broadband services and expressly disclaim any express or implied warranties regarding the compatibility of the Service with any particular broadband service.
- Use Outside of the United States. As previously noted there are limitations with the Service’s access to 911. VOWtel, LLC’s Service does not provide access to emergency services in any country outside of the United States. VOWtel, LLC disclaims any obligation to provide you with access to emergency services in any jurisdiction other than the United States.
- LENGTH OF SERVICE.
- Service Term. We provide the Service for the term that you have signed up for. Your term begins on the date you first ordered service (the “Subscription Date”), or the date we successfully process your payment, whichever is later. It is not the day you receive the Device you ordered or the first time you use the Service. You are purchasing the Service for the full service term as set forth in the Order.
- Automatic Renewal. VOWtel, LLC shall automatically renew the Service for the same term on your Subscription Date unless you cancel your Service before the end of the current service term. See “Termination of Service” Section 8.4. The renewal begins on the day after the last day of your term. The renewal will be charged to your payment method on file, which may include any payment method automatically updated by your issuing bank. If you are paying by credit card and your credit card is declined, invalid, or payment is not made by the issuer of your credit card on your Subscription Date, without further notice VOWtel, LLC reserves the right to automatically recharge the payment method until payment is received, the payment method is updated, or the Service is discontinued for nonpayment.
- Our right to disconnect. You understand and agree that VOWtel, LLC has the right to suspend, terminate or disconnect any part of Your Service generally at any time if:
- We determine or reasonably believe that You are violating, or violated, any applicable law;
- We determine or reasonably believe that You materially breached this Agreement.
- We determine or reasonably believe that You used fraudulent means to pay for the Services, including use of a fraudulent credit card;
- We determine or reasonably believe that You abused or harassed (verbally or otherwise) any VOWtel, LLC employee, contractor, agent or representative;
- We are ordered by law enforcement or other government agencies to suspend, terminate or disconnect your Services;
- You bring any legal action or proceeding against VOWtel, LLC, or participate in any class action lawsuit against VOWtel, LLC;
- A petition in bankruptcy is filed by or against You and such petition is not dismissed within thirty (30) days after the effective filing date thereof, or a trustee or receiver is appointed over You or Your material assets;
- We determine that such action is necessary to protect maintain, or improve the Services, to prevent fraud or misrepresentation, to protect VOWtel, LLC, its customers or other third party VOWtel, LLC affiliates, or for any other good cause.
- It is otherwise contemplated by this Agreement.
- You fail to make payment. All charges owed at the time of disconnection will be immediately payable. We will pursue collection for unpaid amounts on disconnected accounts and may report these unpaid charges to credit bureaus.
- Termination of Service. In order to terminate the Service, contact our Customer Care Department, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-844-508-6423 prior to expiration of the current service term. Please refer to the VOWTEL, LLC Cancellation Policy.
- Ownership and Risk of Loss. You will own the Device and bear all the risk of loss, theft, or damage regardless of the payment schedule selected for Services and Devices. Minimum Commitment Contracts for Services and Devices may include early termination fees. Returns of non-defective Devices outside of the initial 30 day money back guarantee period will not be accepted. Refer to the Cancellation policy for more information.
- Rented Devices. For the purposes of this section “Rented Devices” means any Device leased to Client by VOWtel, LLC or VOWtel, LLC agents or any other third-party with or without a separate charge or fee in connection with the Services. Section 9.1 above will not apply to Rented Devices.
Unless otherwise agreed upon, Client agrees that within thirty (30) days after the expiration of the Term of any Device Rental Agreement or termination of this Agreement, Client will promptly return all Rented Devices to VOWtel, LLC. Client will be responsible for (i) any damage to the Rented Devices as assessed by VOWtel, LLC upon receipt, (ii) the replacement cost of such Rented Devices if it is lost, misplaced, not delivered or stolen during transit, and (iii) shipping/handling costs.
Client agrees to pay the full retail cost for the repair or replacement of any Rented Device or part that is lost, stolen, damaged, modified, sold, transferred, leased, encumbered or assigned together with any costs incurred by VOWtel, LLC in obtaining or attempting to obtain possession of any Rented Devices.
- Promotional Devices. Devices included in a service offering at no charge may be previously used equipment. Unless otherwise provided in a Minimum Commitment Contract, Devices not returned upon cancellation of the Service will be charged to the customer. See Cancellation policy for details.
- Replacement of a Defective Device. Devices purchased from VOWTEL, LLC will be covered by their respective factory warranties, if any, only. VOWTEL, LLC does not offer any warranty in addition to, or in replacement of any factory warranties. If a factory warranty applies, then prior to returning the equipment, you must contact VOWTEL, LLC at email@example.com so that VOWTEL, LLC may determine whether a defect exists and to receive an RMA number, which is required along with the return. You must ship the equipment to the manufacturer at the address provided by VOWTEL, LLC in accordance with all RMA procedures. You have 7 days after receipt of an RMA to ship the equipment back to the manufacturer at the address we provide. You must pay all shipping fees. Once the manufacturer has received the equipment, a replacement will be sent to you in accordance with the factory warranty, if any. If an advance replacement is provided and the factory has not received the defective Device within 14 days or it was not in a returnable condition, (original carton, all packing materials and parts in the same condition in which you received them), then VOWTEL, LLC will charge you for the second device or for the missing parts.
- Receipt of damaged Devices. If you receive cartons or Devices that are visibly damaged, you must note the damage on the carrier’s freight bill or receipt and keep a copy. You must also keep the original carton, all packing materials, and parts in the same condition in which you received them from the carrier. You must then contact our Customer Care Department immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org for return instruction.
- Tampering with the Device. You may not change the electronic serial number or equipment identifier of your Device or perform a factory reset of your Device without first getting our written consent.
- Prohibited Devices. You are prohibited from using the Services with any devices other than VOWTEL, LLC-approved devices received from retailers or from us.
- FEES AND CHARGES.
- We will publish fees and charges on our Web site. These fees and charges may change from time to time (except pricing will not change during the term of a Minimum Commitment Contract). New pricing will be effective the next day following posting to the Web site and may be applied to renewals of existing services. We may introduce new products and services at special introductory pricing. Introductory pricing will not be applied retroactively to existing services and may be applied for only limited periods of time. At our discretion, we may change introductory pricing. Certain service charges, such as Regulatory Recovery Fees, Universal Service Fund fees, and E911 fees, are subject to change from time to time and are applicable to ALL Customers regardless of a Minimum Commitment Contract.
- Billing increments. All billing policies are defined by the specific package the customer chooses. Please refer to the Web site for exact billing policies.
- Taxes. Taxes Customer is responsible for, and shall pay are any applicable federal, state, municipal, local or other governmental sales, use, excise, Universal Service Fees, value-added, personal property, public utility and other taxes, fees and charges now in force or enacted in the future, that arise from or as a result of Customer’s subscription or use or payment for the Service or a Device. Such amounts are in addition to payment for the Service or Device and will be billed to you. If Customer is exempt from payment of such taxes, you will provide VOWTEL, LLC with an original government-issued certificate attesting to tax-exempt status. Tax exemption will only apply from and after the date VOWTEL, LLC receives such certificate.
- Charges for Directory Calls (411). We will charge you $1.25 for each call you make to VOWTEL, LLC directory assistance.
- Charges for Calls from Public Payphones. We reserve the right to charge you for any tolls or fees resulting from calls you receive from public payphones.
- Activation Fee. One-time activation fees and any other installation fees that may apply are specified on the Web site and vary by product and plan chosen.
- Regulatory Recovery Fee. A Regulatory Recovery Fee shall be charged monthly to offset costs incurred by VOWTEL, LLC in complying with inquiries and obligations imposed by federal, state and municipal regulatory bodies/governments and the related legal and billing expenses. This fee is not a tax or charge required or assessed by any government. The Regulatory Recovery Fee may apply to every phone number assigned, including toll free and virtual numbers.
- Reinstatement Fee. Reinstating any service deactivated for non-payment of fees shall result in a reinstatement fee up to $25.
- Returned Check Fee. VOWTEL, LLC may charge up to the maximum amount permitted by law if your banking institution dishonors or reverses a check, draft, or other payment.
- BILLING AND PAYMENT.
- Billing. We will charge you in advance for each term of service. If you have selected a free trial offering, we will commence charging you for the Service at the expiration of the free trial period, unless we are notified of the contrary. When you subscribe to the Service, you must give us a valid email address and a payment method that we accept. We reserve the right to stop accepting your payment method or your payments. You must advise us at once if your payment method expires, you close your account, your billing address changes, your email address changes, or your payment method is cancelled and replaced on account of loss or theft. Except for usage-based charges, we will bill in advance to your payment method all charges, fees, taxes, and surcharges for each service term. Fees may also include activation fees, porting fees, early termination fees ("ETF"), reinstatement fees, and returned check fees. We reserve the right to charge all fees to your payment method. We will bill monthly as due immediately usage-based charges and any other charges which we decide to bill as due immediately. Bills will be posted to the customer portal and emailed to the email address on record. Any payment not made when due may be subject to a late payment fee equivalent to the lesser of (i) one and a half percent (1.5%) per month; or (ii) the highest rate allowed by law. VOWTEL, LLC’s acceptance of late or partial payments (regardless of how they are marked or designated (including without limitation as ‘Paid in Full’, ‘Accord and Satisfaction’, or similarly)) will not waive, limit, or prejudice in any way VOWTEL, LLC’s rights to collect any amount due. VOWTEL, LLC may terminate the Services and this Agreement for non-payment if any fees or charges are not paid within thirty (30) days of the due date.
- Payment. When you subscribe to the Service, you authorize us to collect from your payment method. This authorization will remain valid until thirty (30) days after you terminate our authority to charge your payment method.
- Collection. If we disconnect the Service, you will remain liable to us for all charges under this agreement and all the costs we incur to collect these charges, including, without limitation, collection costs and attorney’s fees. You also agree to pay any additional charges or fees applied to your billing account for any reason, including but not limited to, interest and charges due to insufficient credit.
- Notices. You understand that it is difficult for us to distinguish between credit and debit cards. You agree to waive your rights under Regulation E to receive ten (10) days advance notice from us regarding the amount that we will debit from your account. While we may send you messages about your billing from time to time, we are not obligated to do so. We may change or cease our messages at any time without notice to you.
- Billing Disputes. You must notify VOWTEL, LLC in writing within seven (7) days after receiving your credit card statement or from the time funds are debited from your bank account if you dispute any VOWTEL, LLC charges on that statement or that have been debited from your account, or such dispute will be deemed waived. Notification of all billing disputes shall be sent to the following address: email@example.com. VOWTEL, LLC will charge a late fee as described in Section 11.1 for a disputed amount if (1) it was not paid by the due date and (2) VOWTEL, LLC determines that you disputed the charge in bad faith.
- Prepaid Services. All prepaid fees being provided to you as described in any quote or order form and other payments by you under this Agreement are non-refundable and non-creditable.
- PRICING AND PAYMENT.
- Prices and Fees. VOWTEL, LLC fees and charges for the Service are supplied to you during the ordering process unless otherwise provided for in this Agreement. You agree to pay the applicable one-time and recurring charges. You further agree that any taxes and other charges, including but not limited to, account setup fees, Adapter fees, Device charges, shipping and handling and other nonrecurring charges will be charged to your payment method on file. Recurring charges will be billed and automatically charged to your payment method on file on the first day of every billing cycle. Your billing cycle will begin on the anniversary date of your subscription date as defined in section 8.1.
- YOU AGREE THAT WE MAY CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD (IF APPLICABLE) FOR ALL AMOUNTS DUE TO US WITHOUT ADDITIONAL NOTICE OR CONSENT. If you are paying with a credit card, you agree to provide a credit card and not a debit card. If your card is a combination credit card/debit card, you authorize us to use it as a credit card. If your issuing bank automatically provides us with an updated credit card, you agree that we may charge this new credit card for all amounts due to us without additional notice or consent. You also agree to indemnify us for any claims, damages or expenses resulting from providing a debit card instead of a credit card (if applicable). If your credit card is declined, is invalid or payment is not made by the issuer of your credit card at the time that a charge is attempted, you will not be able to use the Service until your account is paid in full.
- Credit Balance Account. Your credit balance account has been established to cover incidental charges on your account that are not covered by your subscription fee. For example, international calls, toll free charges, Directory Assistance calls and taxes related to these calls are automatically charged to your credit balance account. A certain credit limit will be set on your account based upon your service plan and credit history. When the balance of your credit account reaches the credit limit, your account will be unable to make additional calls until the balance is paid down. You can make payments to reduce your credit balance account at any time by contacting our Customer Care Department at 1-844-508-6423 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any credit balance used as of your subscription renewal or monthly anniversary date will be charged to the payment method on file.
- Credit Terms. All Services provided to You and covered by the Agreement shall at all times be subject to credit approval or review by VOWTEL, LLC. You will provide such credit information or assurance as is requested by VOWTEL, LLC at any time. VOWTEL, LLC, in its sole discretion and judgment, may discontinue credit at any time without notice or require a deposit.
- Discontinuation of Service for Nonpayment. The Service to you may be denied or discontinued without notice at any time in the event you fail to make payment, your credit card provider denies or discontinues providing credit to you for any reason, or you fail to provide us with a new credit card expiration date before the existing one expires. If your payment method fails for any reason during the ordering process, or any regular or monthly billing process, you will have 24 hours to provide VOWTEL, LLC your payment method, including credit card information if applicable. If the payment method is not resolved within 48 hours, VOWTEL, LLC will deactivate the Service. If your new payment method is approved within 24 hours, your calling plan and billing cycle will remain unchanged. We reserve the right to modify the per-minute calling plan at any time. You agree to pay all charges owed to VOWTEL, LLC, including but not limited to the reinstatement fee for reactivated services. In the event VOWTEL, LLC utilizes a collection agency or resorts to legal action to recover monies due, you agree to reimburse us for all expenses incurred to recover such monies, including attorneys' fees.
- Promotions. VOWTEL, LLC may limit the number of promotions you may be eligible for in a given period. Promotions may be cancelled by VOWTEL, LLC at any time.
- Cancellation Policy. VOWTEL, LLC cancellation policies are outlined in the Cancellation Policy posted at our Web site at https://www.myvowtel.com/downloads/CancellationPolicy.pdf and are incorporated into this policy with this reference. All cancellation requests must be submitted in the form of an email ticket to email@example.com or by calling our Customer Care Department at 1-844-508-6423 and must be made prior to the expiration of the Service term. See the cancellation policy for details. Changes to the Cancellation Policy may be made at any time without notice to you and is effective the day following posting to our Web site.
- Acceptable Use Policy. You agree to comply with the VOWTEL, LLC Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”), which is posted on our Web site at https://www.myvowtel.com/downloads/AUPpolicy.pdf and is incorporated into this policy with this reference. Changes to the AUP may be made at any time without notice to you and is effective the day following posting to our Web site.
- MANAGEMENT OF YOUR DATA AND COMPUTER.
- System Management and Service Performance. You are solely responsible for obtaining, installing, configuring and maintaining suitable equipment, including your computer and telephone and software, including any necessary system or software upgrades, patches or other fixes which are or may become necessary to access the Service and to operate your computer. VOWTEL, LLC will only provide technical assistance with respect to your VOWTEL, LLC-provided Adapter.
- Monitoring of Network Performance. VOWTEL, LLC automatically measures and monitors network performance. We also will access and record information about your computer's profile and settings and the installation of the Software in order to provide customized technical support. No adjustments to your computer settings will be made without your permission. You hereby consent to VOWTEL, LLC's monitoring of your Internet connection and network performance, and the access to and adjustment of your computer settings, as set forth above, as they relate to the Service.
- Storage of User Information. VOWTEL, LLC is not obligated to store Your communications logs, voicemails, faxes, e-mails, or other messages and does so only as a convenience to You. You agree that VOWTEL, LLC has no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the deletion or failure to store any call log information, voicemails, faxes, e-mails, messages, and/or other communications maintained or transmitted by the Services. You acknowledge and agree that VOWTEL, LLC may establish limits as to the size of communications that VOWTEL, LLC transmits or stores and the duration for which VOWTEL, LLC stores any communications.
- LIMITATION ON WARRANTIES, REMEDIES AND LIABILITY, INDEMNIFICATION.
- VOWTEL, LLC MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY REGARDING THE SERVICE OR DEVICE OR THE INSTALLATION OF SAME AND DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. VOWTEL, LLC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE OR DEVICE WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT FAILURE, DELAY, INTERRUPTION, ERROR, DEGRADATION OF VOICE QUALITY OR LOSS OF CONTENT, DATA OR INFORMATION. VOWTEL, LLC DOES NOT AUTHORIZE ANYONE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES, TO MAKE A WARRANTY OF ANY KIND ON ITS BEHALF AND YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON ANY SUCH STATEMENT. CUSTOMER AGREES THAT IT ACCEPTS THE SERVICE AND DEVICE “AS IS” AND THAT CUSTOMER IS NOT ENTITLED TO REPLACEMENT OR REFUND IN THE EVENT OF ANY DEFECT. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL BE APPLIED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, BUT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS SECTION IS DETERMINED TO BE UNLAWFUL, THEN THIS SECTION SHALL BE CONSTRUED TO LIMIT LIABILITY AGAINST VOWTEL, LLC TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE UNDER THE LAW.
- WE WILL NOT GIVE YOU CREDIT FOR ANY INTERRUPTION OF VOWTEL, LLC SERVICE, INCLUDING INTERNATIONAL CALLING SERVICES.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL VOWTEL, LLC BE LIABLE TO YOU, YOUR REPRESENTATIVES OR AUTHORIZED ASSIGNS OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS, RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF THE SERVICE, THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, THE ABSENCE, DELAY, FAILURE OR OUTAGE OF THE SERVICE, THE INABILITY TO DIAL 911 OR E911 TO ACCESS EMERGENCY SERVICE PERSONNEL, THE INABILITY TO DIAL SECURITY, LAW ENFORCEMENT OR FIRE PREVENTION/ PROTECTION SERVICES OR SYSTEMS, THE DEVICE, THE USE OF AND/OR INABILITY TO USE THE DEVICE, THE INSTALLATION OF THE DEVICE, AND/OR THIS AGREEMENT. NOR SHALL VOWTEL, LLC BE LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE SERVICE, INCLUDING 911 DIALING, AT ANY TIME OR FROM TIME TO TIME, OR FOR ANY INTERRUPTION OR DEGRADATION OF VOICE QUALITY CAUSED BY ANY REASON INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING: AN ACT OR OMISSION OF AN UNDERLYING CARRIER, SERVICE PROVIDER, VENDOR OR THIRD PARTY, EQUIPMENT, NETWORK OR FACILITY FAILURE, EQUIPMENT, NETWORK OR FACILITY UPGRADE, SERVICE, MAINTENANCE, MODIFICATION, SHORTAGE, OR RELOCATION, FORCE MAJEURE EVENTS SUCH AS BUT NOT LIMITED TO ACTS OF GOD, ADVERSE WEATHER, STRIKES, FIRE, WAR, RIOT, GOVERNMENT ACTIONS OR TERRORISM, SERVICE, DEVICE, EQUIPMENT, NETWORK OR FACILITY FAILURE CAUSED BY THE LOSS OF POWER OR INTERNET SERVICE TO VOWTEL, LLC OR CUSTOMER, AND ANY CAUSE THAT IS BEYOND VOWTEL, LLC’S CONTROL, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE FAILURE OF AN INCOMING OR OUTGOING COMMUNICATION, THE INABILITY OF COMMUNICATIONS TO BE CONNECTED OR COMPLETED, INCLUDING 911 DIALING, OR DEGRADATION OF VOICE QUALITY. VOWTEL, LLC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO VOWTEL, LLC’S OR CUSTOMER’S TRANSMISSION FACILITIES OR PREMISES, EQUIPMENT OR FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF, CUSTOMER’S DATA FILES, PROGRAMS, PROCEDURES, OR INFORMATION THROUGH ACCIDENT, FRAUDULENT MEANS OR DEVICES OR ANY OTHER METHOD, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGE OCCURS AS A RESULT OF VOWTEL, LLC’S NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER ACTS OR OMISSIONS. VOWTEL, LLC’S LIABILITY FOR ANY ACT OR OMISSION SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE SERVICE CHARGES WITH RESPECT TO THE AFFECTED TIME PERIOD. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH HEREIN APPLY TO ALL CLAIMS FOUNDED IN BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, PRODUCT LIABILITY, TORT, AND ANY AND ALL OTHER THEORIES OF LIABILITY, AND APPLY WHETHER OR NOT VOWTEL, LLC WAS INFORMED OF THE LIKELIHOOD OF ANY PARTICULAR TYPE OF DAMAGE. FURTHER, YOU AGREE TO REIMBURSE VOWTEL, LLC FOR ALL COSTS AND EXPENSES RELATED TO THE DEFENSE OF ANY SUCH CLAIMS, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND LITIGATION COSTS. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL BE APPLIED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, BUT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS SECTION IS DETERMINED TO BE UNLAWFUL, THEN THIS SECTION SHALL BE CONSTRUED TO LIMIT LIABILITY AGAINST VOWTEL, LLC TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE UNDER THE LAW.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
- INDEMNIFICATION AND WAIVER OF CLAIMS.
- YOU ARE LIABLE FOR ANY AND ALL USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR DEVICE BY YOURSELF AND BY ANY PERSON MAKING USE OF THE SERVICE OR DEVICE, AND YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS VOWTEL, LLC AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY SUCH USE THAT FAILS TO COMPLY WITH THIS AGREEMENT. YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS VOWTEL, LLC FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND/OR LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, FINES, PENALTIES, COSTS, EXPENSES, LOSSES, LOST PROFIT, LOST REVENUE, PROPERTY DAMAGE, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, AND ANY AND ALL OTHER DAMAGES OF WHATEVER KIND AND NATURE RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF THE SERVICE, THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, THE ABSENCE, FAILURE OR OUTAGE OF THE SERVICE, THE INABILITY TO DIAL 911 OR E911 TO ACCESS EMERGENCY SERVICE PERSONNEL, THE INABILITY TO DIAL SECURITY, LAW ENFORCEMENT OR FIRE PREVENTION/ PROTECTION SERVICES OR SYSTEMS, THE DEVICE, THE USE OF AND/OR INABILITY TO USE THE DEVICE, THE INSTALLATION OF THE DEVICE, AND/OR THIS AGREEMENT UNLESS THE CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION ARISE FROM OUR GROSS NEGLIGENCE, RECKLESSNESS, OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT. THIS SECTION SHALL SURVIVE THE AGREEMENT.
- CONTENT. You are liable for all liability that may arise from the content you transmit to any person, whether or not you authorize it, using the Service or Device. You promise that you and anyone who uses the Service and all your and their content comply at all times with all laws, regulations, and written and electronic instructions for using the Service and the Device.
- MISCELLANEOUS LEGAL CONSIDERATIONS.
- Governing Law. This Agreement and the relationship between you and VOWTEL, LLC shall be governed by the laws of Florida without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Any claim brought pursuant to this Agreement shall be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the State of Florida and venue for any such claim shall be proper in the appropriate state or federal court located in Pinellas County, Florida.
- No Waiver of Rights. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this agreement will not constitute a waiver of the right or provision. VOWTEL, LLC reserves all of its rights at law and equity to proceed against anyone who uses the Services or Device illegally or improperly. All determinations by VOWTEL, LLC under this Agreement and exercise of its rights are made and done in our sole and absolute discretion.
- No Third Party Beneficiaries. If you are not a party to this Agreement, you do not have any remedy, claim, liability, reimbursement, or cause of action. This Agreement does not create any other third party beneficiary rights.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement, the Order, the applicable service description, the AUP, or any reference herein to the content of VOWTEL, LLC’s websites constitute the entire agreement between you and VOWTEL, LLC and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and VOWTEL, LLC and any and all prior or contemporaneous statements, understandings, writings, commitments, or representations concerning its subject matter. No changes to this Agreement shall be binding upon either you or VOWTEL, LLC unless they are agreed to in writing by both parties.
- Severability. If any part of this Agreement is legally declared invalid or unenforceable, all other parts of this Agreement will remain valid and enforceable. This invalidity or non-enforceability will not invalidate or render unenforceable any other portion of this agreement.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND BINDING ARBITRATION.
- It is important that you read this entire section carefully. This section provides for resolution of disputes through final and binding arbitration before a neutral arbitrator instead of in a court by a judge or jury.
- Arbitration. VOWTEL, LLC and you agree to arbitrate any and all disputes and claims between you and VOWTEL, LLC except with respect to claims for amounts owed for services rendered. Arbitration means that all disputes and claims will be resolved by a neutral arbitrator instead of by a judge or jury in a court. This agreement to arbitrate is intended to be given the broadest possible meaning under the law. It includes, but is not limited to: disputes and claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between you and VOWTEL, LLC, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory; disputes and claims that arose before this or any prior agreement (including, but not limited to, claims relating to advertising); disputes and claims that may arise after the termination of this agreement; disputes and claims that are currently the subject of individual litigation; disputes and claims that are currently the subject of purported class action litigation in which you are not a member of a certified class; and disputes and claims concerning the scope of this arbitration provision. References to “VOWTEL, LLC,” “us” and “you” include our respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of the Service under this agreement or any prior agreements between you and VOWTEL, LLC.
- Informal Resolution of Disputes. Our Customer Care Department can resolve most customer concerns quickly and to the customer’s satisfaction. If you have a dispute or claim against us, you should first contact the VOWTEL, LLC Customer Care Department at (800) 983-4289 and provide in detail, including documents or analysis supporting your position, the basis of your claim. Customer care shall be provided with 14 days in which to research and respond to your claim. In the event your dispute or claim is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may seek to have that dispute or claim resolved as set forth below.
- Formal Notice of Disputes A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other party a written “Notice of Dispute” setting forth in detail, including submission of supporting documentation, the grounds of your dispute. The Notice of Dispute to VOWTEL, LLC must be sent to VOWTEL, LLC, attention “General Counsel,” by certified mail addressed to 1217 North Ft. Harrison Ave, Clearwater, FL 33755.
- The Notice of Dispute must describe the nature and basis of the dispute or claim and set forth the specific relief sought. If you and VOWTEL, LLC do not reach an agreement to resolve the dispute or claim within thirty (30) days after the Notice of Dispute is received, you or VOWTEL, LLC may commence an arbitration proceeding. The amount of any settlement offer made by you or VOWTEL, LLC shall be non-discoverable and shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or VOWTEL, LLC is entitled.
- Arbitrator and Arbitral Rules. The arbitration shall be administered by the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals. You may contact the NADN by telephone at 1-813-600-3678, or visit their website for additional information. https://www.nadn.org/contact-nadn
- Waiver of Judge or Jury Trial. You and VOWTEL, LLC agree that, by entering into this agreement, you and VOWTEL, LLC are waiving the right to a trial by judge or jury.
- Waiver of Class Actions. You and VOWTEL, LLC agree that the arbitrator may award relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. You and VOWTEL, LLC agree that you and VOWTEL, LLC may bring claims against the other only in your or its individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding. You and VOWTEL, LLC agree that, unless you and VOWTEL, LLC agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s or entity’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If this specific waiver of class actions provision, or any portion thereof, is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this dispute resolution and binding arbitration provision shall be null and void.
- Statute of Limitations. You must present a claim within one (1) year of the date of the occurrence of the event or facts giving rise to a dispute (except for billing disputes which are subject to section 10 and 11 of the agreement), or you waive the right to pursue a claim based upon such event, facts, or dispute.
- Exceptions to Arbitration Agreement. Notwithstanding the obligation to arbitrate and any other provisions to the contrary herein, you and we agree that with respect to claims for unpaid invoices: (a) we may take our dispute to small claims court, if the contained dispute qualifies for hearing by such court; (b) if you fail to timely pay amounts due, we may assign your account for collection, and the collection agency may pursue in court claims limited strictly to the collection of the past due debt and any interest or cost of collection permitted by law or the Agreement; (c) you or we may take any disputes over the validity of any party’s intellectual property rights to a court of competent jurisdiction; (d) any dispute related to or arising from allegations associated with fraudulent or unauthorized use, theft, or piracy of service may be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction; and (e) either you or we may seek any interim or preliminary relief from a court of competent jurisdiction, necessary to protect the rights or property of you or VOWTEL, LLC, pending the completion of arbitration.
- Modification of Arbitration. If VOWTEL, LLC makes any substantive change to this arbitration provision, you may reject any such change and require VOWTEL, LLC to adhere to the language in this provision.
- Venue/Jurisdiction. All claims for Arbitration shall be submitted to and heard by the one of the five offices of NADN members located in Clearwater, FL. Should an evidentiary hearing be required by the Arbitrator, such hearing shall be heard in Clearwater. FL.
- EXPORT COMPLIANCE. You agree to comply fully with all relevant export laws and regulations of the United States, including but not limited to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations, administered by the Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security. You also expressly agree that Customer shall not export, directly or indirectly, re-export, divert, or transfer any portion of the Service or Device, including, without limitation, to any destination, company, or person restricted or prohibited by U.S. export controls.
- RECORDING CONVERSATIONS. Certain VOWTEL, LLC Services provide a function that allows You to record individual telephone conversations. The laws regarding the notice, notification, and consent requirements for recording conversations vary from state to state. In some states, You are required to obtain consent from all parties to a record a conversation. You are solely responsible for complying with all federal, state, and local laws in any relevant jurisdiction when using this feature. VOWTEL, LLC expressly disclaims all liability with respect to your recording of telephone conversations. You hereby agree to fully, finally, and forever release, discharge, hold harmless, and fully indemnify VOWTEL, LLC from and against any damages or liabilities of any kind related to Your recording of any telephone conversations using the Services. You agree that VOWTEL, LLC, may at its sole discretion, record any call between VOWTEL, LLC and You for VOWTEL, LLC quality control purposes.
- ASSIGNMENT. VOWTEL, LLC may assign all or part of its rights or duties under the Agreement. Support may be handled directly by the parent company, MedCo Data, LLC. A reassignment of control may take place in the event of the sale of all or part of the ownership of VOWtel, LLC and the expectation of this contract is that the term agreed to in The Order survives. VOWtel will make best effort to communicate any assignments or change of control that are not bound by non-disclosure agreements in a timely manner.
- SURVIVAL. The provisions of this Agreement relating to indemnification, limitations on liability, warranty limitations and disclaimers, resolution of disputes, billings and your obligation to pay for the Service provided and any additional usage charges, shall survive the termination of the Agreement and the termination of the Service.
- CALEA. VOWTEL, LLC intends to fully comply with the Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (“CALEA”). By using the Service, you hereby agree and consent to VOWTEL, LLC’s right to monitor and otherwise disclose the nature and content of your communications if and as required by CALEA without any further notice to you.
- FORCE MAJEURE (EVENTS BEYOND VOWTEL, LLC’S CONTROL). VOWTEL, LLC shall be excused from any delay or failure in performance hereunder caused by reason of occurrence or contingency beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation, acts of God, earthquake, fire, flooding, riots, war, government intervention, embargoes, strikes, labor difficulties, equipment failure, late delivery by suppliers or other difficulties as may occur in spite of VOWTEL, LLC’s best efforts.
- SOFTWARE COPYRIGHT Any software used by VOWTEL, LLC to provide the Service and any software provided to you in conjunction with providing the Service is protected by copyright law and international treaty provisions. You may not copy the software or any portion of it. Furthermore, you may not delete, alter, cover, or distort any copyright or other proprietary notices or trademarks provided to you as part of the Service.
- COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK; COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT; DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
(DMCA) NOTICE. Our Web site content, our materials, services, logs, service marks and trademarks are protected by trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property laws, and international treaty provisions. Infringement by you may result in civil or criminal prosecution.
VoIP E911 Disclosure Notice
VoIP services allow you to make or receive telephone calls over the Internet to or from the public switched telephone network. The nature of VoIP telephone calls, while appearing similar to traditional telephone calling services, create unique limitations and circumstances, and you acknowledge and agree that differences exist between traditional telephone service and VoIP telephone services, including the lack of traditional 911 emergency services.
Because of the unique nature of VoIP telephone calls, emergency calls to 911 through your VoIP service will be handled differently than traditional phone service. The following provisions describe the differences and limitations of 911 emergency calls, and you hereby acknowledge and understand the differences between traditional 911 service and VoIP calls with respect to 911 calls placed to emergency services from your account as described below.
Placing 911 calls
When you make a 911 emergency call, the VoIP service will attempt to automatically route your 911 call through a third-party service provider to the Public Safety Answering Point (“PSAP”) corresponding to the address of record on your account. However, due to the limitations of the VoIP telephone services, your 911 call may be routed to a different location than the one that would be used for traditional 911 dialing. For example, your call may be forwarded to a third-party specialized call center that handles emergency calls. This call center is different from the PSAP that would answer a traditional 911 call which has automatically generated your address information, and consequently, you may be required to provide your name, address, and telephone number to the call center.
How your information is provided
The VoIP service will attempt to automatically provide the PSAP dispatcher or emergency service operator with the name, address and telephone number associated with your account. However, for technical reasons, the dispatcher receiving the call may not be able to capture or retain your name, phone number or physical location. Therefore, WHEN MAKING A 911 EMERGENCY CALL, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY INFORM THE DISPATCHER OF YOUR LOCATION (OR THE LOCATION OF THE EMERGENCY, IF DIFFERENT). If you are unable to speak, the dispatcher may not be able to locate you if your location information is not up to date.
Correctness of information
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING, MAINTAINING, AND UPDATING CORRECT CONTACT INFORMATION (INCLUDING NAME, RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE NUMBER) WITH YOUR ACCOUNT. If you do not correctly identify the actual location where you are located, or if your account information has recently changed or has otherwise not been updated, 911 calls may be misdirected to an incorrect emergency response site.
You must not disconnect the 911 emergency call until told to do so by the dispatcher, as the dispatcher may not have your number or contact information. If you are inadvertently disconnected, you must call back immediately.
For technical reasons, including network congestion, it is possible that a 911 emergency call will produce a busy signal or will take longer to connect when compared with traditional 911 calls.
911 calls may not function
For technical reasons, the functionality of 911 VoIP emergency calls may cease or be curtailed in various circumstances, including but not limited to:
Failure of service or your service access device - if your system access equipment fails or is not configured correctly, or if your VoIP service is not functioning correctly for any reason, including power outages, VoIP service outage, suspension or disconnection of your service due to billing issues, network or Internet congestion, or network or Internet outage in the event of a power, network or Internet outage; you may need to reset or reconfigure the system access equipment before being able to use the VoIP service, including for 911 emergency calls; and changing locations - if you move your system access equipment to a location other than that described in your account information or otherwise on record with VOWtel.
If you are not comfortable with the limitations of 911 emergency calls, VOWtel recommends that you terminate the VoIP services or consider an alternate means for accessing traditional 911 emergency services.